Sunday, February 21, 2010

WEEK IN REVIEW

Finally , Madeline got to have her Valentine's Party at school on Wednesday. Suspiciously, however, she returned home with 15 of her own cards. Hmm. She insists that she indeed gave everyone a card, but come on, how did we end up with 15 of hers? :) She got a bunch of candy, stickers, pencils, and tattoos! One kid handed out Sugar babies. Really? Now, I realize that I am a choke-a-phobic, but a little round sticky, caramel ball for kids? It was instantly pitched into the garbage. *** I would have eaten them had I not given up chocolate for Lent. HA!
Even stranger than this is what Madeline received from the teacher. It is a wall sticker. I have no words....
Speaking of Lent, I have decided to give up 3 things this year: chocolate, beer, and late night snacks. This is hard; I must admit. Matt has given up diet pop. We are hoping that this is for good since that stuff is NOT good for his health.
On Friday, we went to St. Michael's Fish Fry at the new Parish Center. It is so convenient and very good! The girls got fried shrimp, I got fried fish, and Matt and Grandma got baked fish. YUM!! The dessert girl kept arriving at our table before we were ready for it. Of course, she was no where to be seen when we needed her. Meredith was desperate for dessert that she got off her chair, walked over to Madeline, and asked her to come with her to find the girl. Madeline (like myself) said no. This didn't stop all of the sudden brave Meredith! She continued on through the gym to find the girl. We had to stop her b/c another worker came by to get us dessert. But, seriously, she was on a mission. She really wanted that brownie!
When I arrived home from work on Saturday, I was greeted by Madeline and "Nick Jonas". Yep, Meredith is now Nick Jonas on and off throughout the day. She also refers to himself in the third person. For example: Nick Jonas is eating or Nick Jonas is going potty. Too funny!! She won't answer you if she is currently Nick. She really likes him :)

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

I cannot believe that gift from the teacher--are you serious???