Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Preparing for Christmas in Outerspace


Most of you probably remember that we've decided to have themed Christmas celebrations with the kids. This year's theme is Christmas in Outerspace. I'm so excited about this one that I already started shopping...yesterday I bought a spaceship and our plan is to decorate this instead of the traditional Christmas tree. I know what you're thinking...you have to have a Christmas tree...but I'm thinking that isn't the case. There are plenty of other Christmas trees for the kids to enjoy...and I think Edwin will be so excited for his very own rocket!!! I haven't told him about it...I think it will be a fun surprise for Thanksgiving weekend...and a fun family project...instead of cutting down our own tree...we can build our own rocket!

4 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Go with the rocket, but you have to have a tree!

Melinda said...

you have to have a tree too!

Mindy said...

sorry folks - we simply don't have room for both...spaceship it is!

Mary Lou said...

How sad! This is something your children will remember as "year without a Christmas tree"--there are actually books and stories written about this!