Sunday, September 19, 2010

WEEK IN REVIEW

Firstly, I can't believe I forgot to include a picture of our new king bed. YAY! Matt and I actually have room to roll over without bouncing off the other person. What a concept! We still haven't bought a headboard yet, but that will come eventually.
A few months ago I registered for a radio contest to win new windows for the house. Well, on Tuesday, I received a call that I qualified to win the windows. I needed to show up two days later for the "party" at Antone's banquet center. I took Madeline as my guest (no one was available to watch the girls , so Matt remained home). I seriously had some anxiety about going to this event not knowing anyone! I sucked it up and went b/c what if I won? Madeline LOVED eating the rather lame snacks. At least she enjoyed it. There were at least 300 people there (yes, 300 people I didn't know ... stress!). We got our food and sat at a table with other women and waited for this shindig to start. No one could even hear to talk to each other so I guess ignoring each other was acceptable. HAHA. The DJ came right over to Madeline and asked her, "if you could win anything, what would it be?". Madeline says, " A Barbie". Nice! The first 25 names drawn out of the barrel qualified to be in the final drawing for the windows. I was not drawn. DARN! The next 25 names drawn either took a prize envelope OR put their name back in for another chance to be in the final drawing. My name was drawn fifth. YES! Now this is a no brainer. I have to take the envelope b/c putting my name back in the barrel doesn't guarantee that I will be drawn 2 more times to win the windows. I want to go home with something! When we were up there the DJ remembered Madeline and again said that there were no Barbies. :) So my big prize was Uncle Nick's Greek Chicken Family Pack. (32 pieces of chicken, 32 potatoes, a tub of coleslaw, and pop). I won a good prize considering most of them were leaving with zip. As soon as I chose the envelope I was no longer in the running for the windows, so we left. YES!
Today the family fest at school was occurring. The jump arounds were placed indoors b/c of threatening weather. I can't believe they fit them inside. Meredith spent most of her wimpy time like this: . She is scared of the jump arounds. I don't get it. Her teacher found her and encouraged her to try the slide. She told Meredith that she already went down it herself. Like magic Meredith was brave and stood right in line to do the slide (and she did it many times)! Granted no smile was found on her face, but at least she did something. Madeline, of course , LOVES these things and totally ignores us the whole time. She particularly loves the jumping section. She burned a lot of calories today. Meredith was so brave from the slides, that she decided to give the jumping one a try. She went right up into it , "tried to bounce" .... and BOOM the waterworks turned on and out she came. This is the photo for her gripping to the side for dear life. Well, at least she had some fun. Is it Steelers time in your house?? From the screaming coming from the basement here, I think it is definitely that time of year.

No comments: