Saturday, October 2, 2010

Alzheimer's Walk - WE MADE OUR GOAL!!!!



THANK YOU to our friends and family...WE EXCEEDED OUR GOAL!!!!! Currently we are at $1525 and I know of several more donations that are still on their way. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by people who support causes that I care so deeply about. THANK YOU!!!

The walk was awesome today! Perfect weather - low 60s and sunny. Special thanks to Nick and Jen for joining us and for M4 (Matt, Melinda, Madeline and Meredith) for making the trip down and spending this special weekend with us!

This was a bittersweet walk for me...as you know from previous entries, my grandpa has been getting better - however he had a major set back this week and is back in critical, but stable condition. My dad flew to Tucson yesterday and therefore was unable to join us for the walk...so on a weekend where I'm thinking so much of my Grams...I'm also sending special prayers to my grandpa and entire family as we get through these difficult times together!

Thanks again to everyone who helped us achieve (and surpass) our goal!!! We're planning to do the walk again next year and hope you'll join us...or at least help us reach a BIGGER goal!!!!



No comments: