Sunday, October 3, 2010

WEEK IN REVIEW

As I included a few days ago, Madeline has lost her first tooth! She had this wiggler for a week or so. She definitely made an effort to try to get it out. However! When the night came and it was facing horizontally, I had to step in. HAHA. Her main concern was , "I 'm afraid of the Tooth Fairy. She is going to scare me and wake me up with her magic!". Needlesstosay, the tooth in inside the tooth bear had to be placed in the hall outside her door. I am NOT complaining :) The next day at school she was THRILLED to point out her loss to all her classmates. Meredith was disgusted by the whole thing. She kept saying, 'GROSS!', and 'OOH! BLOOD'!--this is from Matt.
On the way to KY, we were able to meet up with Uncle Chris and Aunt Megan. They discussed what the girls should be for Halloween. Madeline came up with some pretty interesting ideas. My favorite is when she blurted out, "I want to be a FINGER!". Ok, but I don't think a finger costume is going to look especially like a finger. Hmm. Back to the drawing board.
The whole family had a great visit with Mindy, Dave, Edwin, and Lyla. The Memory Walk couldn't have turned out better with the weather and participation. I was impressed! We brought the wagon for the girls and Edwin. What a treat! (except for Matt who had to lug the darn thing )
For the before dinner activity, the kids played in an awesome little place with different themed rooms. Their favorite as usual is the grocery store! It even had an animal hospital, an art room, a pizza parlor, a block room, and a water area. How lucky they are to have places like these! Edwin is a pro at this so he showed the girls around. Madeline LOVED ringing people up at the checkout counter... sounds like me doesn't it? *** Notice Edwin also checking out people. He loved the "computer".
Thanks for a fun weekend, Rosses of KY!

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

A friend of mine tried to post this comment and couldn't so she asked me to forward it. (She should have been a comedian rather than a school nurse.)


"I'm sure you have worked hard to help your little guy learn good manors and bcomee such a fine young man. Grandma Mary Lou told me he reminds her more of her polite 2nd grade students, rather than a 2 year old.

Have a grand day.

Nurse Jean