Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ordinary Experiences...Entry #2...The Mailman

The Mailman and Sedona



Why does our dog (and most dogs) hate The Mailman?

Apparently, I've been reacting to Sedona's vicious mailman behavior completely wrong. My (as is with most pet owners) initial response is to scold Sedona and hold her mouth shut..."No...We don't bark at the mailman...bad girl...go upstairs..."etc. According to this website, I need to react with postive reinforcement. Perhaps I should give this a try...or is it too late?

The things you think about when you are at home all day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knew--there's a website for everything!--and since you're home all day, you get to discover them all! See you Sat.
Mom#2 Hope Sedona doesn't bark at me--guess I should arrive with biscuits in hand!

Tamara Schwarting said...

On my run today, there was a little dog that was barking furiously at me. The owner was scolding him. I totally thought of you and almost shouted that positive reinforcement is better way to address this issue per the internet. Instead I smiled politely and continued on my path.