Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Adult Decisions

No, I'm not talking about getting prego - although, I guess that is an adult decision too...I'm talking about how to spend money.

I remember when money came and went without too much thought. We didn't have a house, a kid (one on the way) and only
one income. Not that I would change any of the choices we've made...in fact, I'm just beginning to think we're getting the hang of this whole "adult" thing.

Since we moved into our house in October 2005, we have replaced the central air (2007), hot water heater and main gas line (2008), and now our furnace (installed last weekend). We are finally starting to feel like we are getting organized...our first floor is pretty productive - we invested in a new toy bench and an entry way table (with 2 drawers for quick mail organization), my girlfriend (Cassie) came and helped me reorganize the kitchen cabinets, Edwin is now using a booster seat instead of the bulky high-chair, I emptied out the china cabinet and am using it for scrapbook supply storage in the dining room, and I'm sure there is more...our upstairs is a work in progress. My dad came down today and helped me hang curtains in our master bedroom. We have a lot to do to prepare for Edwin's big boy room...and I have a master plan for the basement - we've just been waiting for the new furnace...so it is all coming together.


I've also started couponing.


This week's coupon update: walgreens total bill $28.50/total cash spent $10.12, kroger total bill $169.81/total cash spent $90.69...stocked up on a lot of household items...feel good about savings and products!!!! total savings for today = $97.50!!!


So, I feel like I've been making some adult decisions...they are hard to make. I'd much rather be buying a new camera (that I've been wanting for a few years), an iPhone, a remote car starter, a porch swing...I could obviously go on...but I'll stop and continue being a responsible adult!

No comments: