Sunday, January 3, 2010

WEEK IN REVIEW

Happy New Year! What a great week to have no work :) I got to sleep , sleep, and more sleep. I got to shop (and was unsuccessful in using most of my gift cards ... that is just sick!).
New Year's Eve was so exciting. A trip to Salsita's for dinner where I ordered the 32 oz beer. They set it in front of Matt who redirected it to me. The waiter put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Happy New Year to YOU!". Very funny! After dinner, we were off to the basement for some kid games with Grandma. Wild and Crazy, I know!
We celebrated the "New Year" at 8 pm with the girls. Even had some champagne and sparkling grape juice. Matt and I did manage to make it to the midnight mark watching Dick Clark screw up the countdown (kind of sad).
New Year's Day we were off to Grandma's to see some of the relatives before heading to Pittsburgh to eat with Papa and Deb. Madeline and Meredith were eating crackers, cheese, and shrimp galore at Grandma's. Hungry little wolves they were!
After our traditional, delicious pork and sauerkraut dinner at Papa and Deb's, we were out the door to drive through the Christmas light display at Hartwood Acres. The girls really enjoyed this activity!! And to top it off, we got to spend the night in Pittsburgh. They just love sleepovers.
Since then, I have been moping around b/c I have to return to work on Monday. BOO HISS!! Matt has one more week off... lucky!

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

You have had one busy holiday season!