Thursday, November 20, 2008

Changing Paths

Well, I'm sure most of our readers know that I was recently laid off. It was a serious blow to my self-esteem...although it was expected. The economy has hit construction businesses hard and it looks like it might be a while before the industry recovers.

It is hard to leave a job that you enjoy...I have been there a little over 2-years and I can't help but think about all of the things that have happened in my life in that short time. Most noteworthy - becoming a mother. I'm so thankful that I was surrounded by encouraging and supportive co-workers throughout my pregnancy and these first few months of parenthood. I received some valuable advice and made some life-long friends.

Dave has been so supportive during this transition - did you have any doubts? We have built our relationship on support and communication and he knows just what to say when I question myself and my abilities. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky that Dave lived across the hall from me in the dorms!!!!

Now for the next challenge...bring it on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can you email me: mcbratz-girl@hotmail.co.uk, i have some question wanna ask you.thanks