Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Life Without Cable

OK, so we purged our living room of a TV and have adjusted nicely over the last few months.  We now only have 2 TVs in the house: a 25'' in the guest room/office & a 13'' by the treadmill in the basement. The obvious next step? No more cable.  

(Yeah, the whole digital conversion is a few months away, but worry not...we just requested 2 converter box coupons which should be mailed shortly.)

So, can we live without?
- ESPN & all that goes with it (we'll have to go out to watch the Steelers on MNF, hopefully with Kornheiser muted)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (the best show on TV, but I think we can watch it online)
- MTV reality shows (Paris Hilton's My New BFF is just getting good)
- Cable news (we'll have to get our news online without all the yelling...we might miss the yelling)
- Comedy Central stand-up when we're bored on a Friday night
- The inevitable return of Flavor Flav
- Law & Order reruns
- The joy I get from programming out CMT, then later the frustration when I stumble upon Mindy watching the search for a Cowboy cheerleader or dancing bartender
- the great design ideas we get from HGTV (that we'll never put to use)
- Reds games (radio now, I guess)

The next cable bill is due on the 12th...let's see if we're brave enough to pull the trigger before then!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

couldn't live without my cable!

Anonymous said...

you can come watch the steelers with me..i'd love the company of a non bengals fan! I don't think i could live with out cable..good luck :)

Anonymous said...

can u leave ur phone number to me???