Thursday, November 20, 2008

Live Blogging: Steelers vs. Bengals

Trying something new tonight, so bear with me...


OK, AFC North fans, big showdown at Heinz Field tonight as the 7-3 Steelers host the 1-8-1 (that’s not a typo) Bengals.  For those of you that remember my post before their last meeting, simply add another win to the Steelers’ total, and the numbers look even worse for the Men in Stripes. 


The so-called experts seem to think this could be a trap game for Pittsburgh.  I don’t see it that way at all.  If I’m the Steelers, I’m thinking I got 3 critical games left, the 3 remaining division games.  Win those, and you got a home game in the playoffs, possibly even a 1st round bye. There’s no excuse to look past the Bengals…especially since they’ll have revenge on their minds. 


The key to this game in my mind comes down to the Steelers O-line vs. the Bengals front 7.  If the Steelers set up the ground game early and protect Big Ben, it’ll be a long night for Cincy. However, if the Steelers are often forced into obvious passing situations and have trouble with the pass rush, the Bengals have a chance.

No comments: