Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Celebration


We spent Mother's Day weekend in Canfield. We arrived late on Friday night. On Saturday, Edwin had his first bath in a real bath tub...he LOVED it!!!Dave went to a bachelor party in Clevelend and we had a playdate and lunch at the Kemble's house. Jackson is sooooo cute! It won't be long and him and Edwin will be playing like big boys! Jackson is 6 months old - look at him compared to Edwin...I think he's going to be one big guy!!! Edwin will probably always be jealous about that!


Afterward, we went back to Matt and Melinda's for a cookout. It was delicious!!! Matt is a grill'n machine! and all VERY HEALTHY - THANKS Matt!!! We went back to Grandma's house and I found my Mother's Day card and present from Edwin - a spa gift certiciate and a coupon for a day off!!! What a nice son (AKA: husband) I have...I'm so thankful! I LOVE being a mom...it is the one thing I've always known that I wanted and I feel blessed to have such an amazing family.

On Sunday, we went to Mass - and yes, Dave made it to church! Afterward we went the Blue Wolf for Mother's Day lunch. It was really good...thanks to Matt and Dave for organizing that. We went home to rest up and went back to Matt and Melinda's for more playtime, gifts (Mother's Day and Grandma's Birthdy) and dinner...again DELICIOUS!!!




On Monday, we headed back to KY. After a couple little stops (lunch, rest stop diaper change, pick up Sedona, etc), we finally made it back...HOME SWEET HOME! What a great weekend trip! Since it was going to get cold last night - I wanted to shut all of our windows. I went upstairs to shut the office window and when Ireached to close the blind - I found a bird sitting on our blind - INSIDE our house. We still haven't figured out how it got in or how long it was in here...but I trapped it in a trashcan and dumped it outside...yes I had to do it...Dave wouldn't go near it...too funny! Wish I would've had a hidden camera for that one!!!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

i am so proud of you for trapping the bird. I would've screamed... and been afraid. :)

Melinda said...

did you get permission to post Grandma's photos?!?