Friday, May 29, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

Memorial Day weekend proved to be a very busy one for me! I went and saw Elton John and Billy Joel in concert on Saturday in Cleveland. My high school friend, Kathy, and I had a fantastic time. It was a solid 3.5 hours of popular songs. The whole crowd sang and danced the entire time. Elton was dressed to impress with sequins and Billy was jumping all over the piano claiming to be Billy Joel's father b/c he looked old. So exciting. I definitely recommend going to this concert.
Off to Pittsburgh we went on Sunday for the family reunion, ARCHFEST. It was in a Pittsburgh park which would typically be great, however, the rain and thunderstorms set in right as we arrived. We ended up sitting in the minivan for awhile which drove the girls crazy. I wondered yet again why I bothered to straighten my hair in the morning. What a mess! It ended up being a decent day and Madeline had fun driving around the pond on her bigwheel. She tried to keep up with the big kids, but those legs of hers can only move so fast. Meredith did her best to ride around as well, but she does it Flintstone style. She got tired much quicker. We had lots to eat at the picnic especially the numerous brownie plates. Luckily, I decided to bring something other than a brownie (cupcakes and better than almost anything cake). Matt's favorite part of the picnic was buying the extra kielbasa.
After the picnic we headed to Dad and Deb's for another cookout and to spend the night. The girls got to experience their first smores. Dad built a fire in the chiminea and roasted his marshmallows. What a mess the girls made!! They were delicious. Dad and Matt went to rent a movie and came back with Slumdog Millionaire which I had refused to rent(I didn't want to be depressed by how children in India live). Oh well, I guess I had to watch it since they rented it. HAHA. It ended up being a good movie, but still disturbing.
On Monday, we celebrated my Dad's birthday and Memorial Day. The girls were excited to put on tattoos for the event and place flags around the flowers. We even convinced Matt to put one on his hand. :)
Thursday was Madeline's official last day of school. She had a picnic that Matt and Meredith also attended. There were jump arounds for them to play in. Apparently, Meredith was so excited to get in and jump until more and more kids crowded in and scared her. As she clutched to the side of the nets, she screamed for DADDY DADDY DADDY! Matt then had his own permanent leech stuck to him while Madeline had a blast.
I have included some more videos of the ducks again. We got to enjoy all these males ducks pursuing one female duck. It was like 45 minutes of entertainment. I even called the neighbors to have them come out and enjoy. The darn males ducks were perched atop the neighbor's garage. Who knew a duck to do this?!? The show ended after all 4 kids were chasing the poor things around, I guess kids trying to catch you was more pressing then getting the girl . Click here for all the photos!



2 comments:

Dave said...

Those ducks are funny. Too bad Mindy or me didn't get any video clips of that slowly dying stray cat hanging around our yard this week (thanks a bunch for feeding it so it'd keep coming around, next door neighbor!).

I think the thing finally died this week b/c it's nowhere to be found. BTW - when a creepy looking half-dead cat is hanging around your property, don't expect much help from the city or the SPCA. They effectively told Mindy, "well, sorry about your luck".

Melinda said...

which is disgusting by the way, b/c those suckers are full of nasty illnesses (ie syphilis) and who the heck wants that around. Further proves that cats are devil spawn. IF it were a dog I guarantee they would be out and put that dog down in the event it had rabies. YUCK! I hate cats.