Friday, May 1, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

Not much to report this week. It was a nice relaxing weekend and week! For a switch. All of the sudden I am in need of a personal planner after looking at all my commitments coming up. Last weekend we spent most of the time outdoors. The first use of sunscreen for the girls (SPF 70!!). Meredith still ended up with a burn in areas I obviously did a crappy job of application. Madeline developed what a thought was an allergic rash to freshly cut grass. Well that rash never went away and got progressively worse. She is unaffected by it, but the looks of it concerned me. So we kept her home from school all week and we aren't going to swim lessons today. The doctor saw her Tuesday and said that it is a virally related rash that will just have to run its course. I could just imagine the looks the other mothers would have given Matt if we had sent her all bumpily like that. HAHA. I don't want to be the talk of the preschool.
At work this week, I was getting ready to drill a patient's tooth for a filling when I got a bad case of the hiccups. I don't get little ones; I get the big jerking kind. I was trying to talk to her, but I kept hiccuping. The assistant at this point is lost in giggles. I insisted on starting b/c I needed to start and concentrate on something else to get the hiccups to cease. They disagreed. Anyways, I was the boss in this situation, so I started to drill. And boom, they were gone! So forget the standard cures for hiccups... no little sips of water, spoonful of sugar, hold your breath, etc... JUST DRILL A TOOTH!
Last night we ate at Ruby Tuesday for dinner. We went b/c we had a BOGO dinner coupon. I don't know if it is just me, but do the free meals always taste a little better??
We are off to Columbus for the weekend to celebrate Uncle Chris's graduation from the University of Dayton. I will update you all on that next week!!
These are photos of the girls pretending to be ballerinas (gift from Dottie). As you can see, Meredith was NOT in the mood!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Happy Spring to my M&Ms! I LOVED the video and Edwin did too...we watched it at least 10 times already!!! Can't wait to see you all next weekend!