Friday, June 5, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW




Two words describes this past week . . . yard work. I have to give credit to those who do this for a living. It is terribly harsh on your bodies to weed, mulch, trim, etc. Matt and I are thrilled to be done with it finally! The girls even 'helped". (helped defined as put on their own garden gloves, pulled a weed or two, through some mulch at each other, and then retired to the blanket in the grass). The only way that Matt and I would get this done is if the girls had entertainment. So I set up a blanket on the grass and a picnic table where they read their books. I also brought out their big wheels and chalk for driveway activities. This actually worked quite well. We even all took a graham cracker break. :) While I am writing this, I have yelled 2 times at Meredith, "Do NOT kick, hit, or be mean to Madeline! Don't even look at her!". She looks at me and says, "OTAY!" and just repeats the attacks. Kids! Madeline has been sick for 3 days now with the summer croup. I didn't realize there existed such a thing. The tell tale barking cough gave that one away. She hasn't been able to speak for 2 days now. You can imagine how much quieter it is around here. We finally get to hear Meredith talk. For example, Meredith was playing with Barbies today. The girls play this game where they lay on the couch and get up and run to the dining room. This is where the girls have put the Barbies "to bed" (aka on the chairs). They tell them , "no more crying , Barbies, go to sleep". Then then run back into living room and lay down again. They will get up and down like 10 times. I am amazed that they find this fun. Today, Meredith got to the Barbie and asked her, "are these your BULBS , Barbie?" as she pointed to her chest. I refuse to correct the girls on this one. It is too hilarious!
Also, today , our neighbors are having a garage sale. Madeline and Meredith find this wildly entertaining to stare out our window watching the shoppers coming and going. Meredith keeps hitting on the window to get their attention to wave to them. So embarrassing.

The two princess towel pictures are a gift from Aunt Dottie. The crown lights up!!


1 comment:

Mindy said...

Melinda, the yard looks great!!! I'll wait until you guys get here to finish ours! hahaha...1 week and you'll be here!!! we can't wait!!!