Friday, June 26, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

Finally the hot weather has set in and we were able to use the kiddie pool and swim club pool!! I left the pool for Karen (the babysitter :)) to setup not knowing that it takes 2 adults ... not one adult and 2 uncoordinated toddlers! Luckily, the neighbor came to her rescue and the kids got to enjoy the water. Meredith is definitely hesitant especially at the swim club. She gets the death grip on your bathing suit which causes near exposures! Madeline, however, has benefited from the swim lessons and we don't even need the swimmies on her. What an improvement!! We have been going after work which proves to be the perfect time with no crowds.
Father's Day was a food-filled day, I prepared all of it, but Matt, the master griller, cooked it. Papa, Deb, and Grandma came over to celebrate. The running joke is that I have been using the same gift bags for years now. I would guess it has been at least 5 years with the "Father's Day" decorated bags. They just have never been ruined, so what the heck! After all that food we had, Matt and I took the girls to the bike trail to burn off some calories. Matt is up to 30 pounds of weight loss!! The girls got their first bike trip in the carrier and loved every minute of it. We were both happy that they didn't try to hit each other the whole time. Grandma got a surprise visit from us as we veered off the trail. It is totally hilarious to see the girls in their new bike helmets ( Matt and I look totally ridiculous in ours as well). I thought their heads were big enough and then you slap on some helmets, WHOA! (their poor necks). I will post a photo when Grandma forwards the ones she took of us :)
We are officially on vacation from work starting today!! We hope to have fantastic swim club weather :) We will begin our vacation with a trip to the Pirate game on Saturday. Can't wait.
As many of you know, I am a big Michael Jackson fan. Megan and I would sing to our record of We are the World alternating singers back and forth. The lucky one got Michael Jackson parts!! Love that song. LOVE IT! Even through all that negative press and how weird he acts, I have always loved his music and appreciated his creativity. I am so sad to see that he is gone and he will never have a comeback. I am going to be wearing a single glove for the rest of the week in his honor.

NOT!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Ha! Yep, "We are the world..." I personally loved the Cyndi Lauper parts too. :)