Friday, June 19, 2009

WEEKS IN REVIEW

It is pretty obvious what we were doing last weekend! We had a very busy weekend starting with a trip to Kennywood on Friday with Papa and Deb. The girls rode almost all the rides in Kiddieland. I was shocked that Meredith wasn't afraid at all. I got on a couple rides b/c Meredith needed an adult, but I will never get on that spinning cup like thing again. Puke! The funniest part is when we were sitting eating our dinner, the kangaroo came around to say hello to the girls. Meredith freaked out screaming and shaking, "go BYE BYES!!!" Madeline gave him a high five. Hmmm, are they related?
We were waiting for Grandma Mueller to arrive at Deb's house and my dad noticed something in my tire. GREAT! I had a bolt and washer perfectly injected into my tread. I bent down and heard 'psssssss'. Well, I couldn't go anywhere like that, and this is the vehicle to get us down to Kentucky the next morning..... my mind raced with scenarios on how to make this work. Deb ran inside and got us setup with Sears while I called AAA for the spare tire placement. After a 1/2 hr and $20, we were back on the road from Sears. Whew. Matt got to miss all this excitement.
Edwin's birthday party was so fun. The girls really enjoyed the pool!! What kid doesn't like to splash (my girls kept dumping water on Edwin which was stopped promptly!). Edwin loves those shovels!! Refer back to Mindy's post for everything that we got to do that weekend. Madeline actually held a butterfly on her finger and Meredith winced when it came her way! Check out my picture link below. The highlight for me was seeing the girls run the bases after the baseball game. Madeline was a speed demon!
Wednesday was our 9th wedding anniversary. Anyone remember the wedding still? When we got home from work, we noticed a buzzing sound. After we settled the girls, we followed it to the basement. Remember that this was the night that the rain was literally dumping at a high rate. The newly installed back up sump pump alarm was going off. The rain had reached within 3 inches of the basement floor bubbling up causing Matt (and us )to panic. Our new basement was being threatened with water!!! Matt ran upstairs, grabbed the shop-vac, and suctioned out the water. Boom! He hit is head on the pipe above him. He then called for me b/c he can't lift the shopvac filled with water. "Find some buckets!!!" I ran downstairs and we filled up buckets and BOOM! He hit his head again on the pipe. We threw the water out the front door. As I was returning to the basement, Matt said, "I think I found the problem". I go downstairs to find no more water in the hole. We discover that when the plumbing co. installed the backup, they never plugged in the original sump pump. Really?!? Matt started to leave and BOOM hit his head again. "IF I HIT THAT ONE MORE TIME, I SWEAR!!". And that is how our anniversary went. We are planning our dinner (Springfield Grille courtesy of Betsy and Dave) for tonight at a restaurant while Grandma watches the girls.
Click here are all the photos from the weekend's events.

No comments: