Friday, January 2, 2009

My FIRST Post


Hello!!! Thanks for inviting me to the blog, Rosses of KY. I agree that I can definitely contribute a more girly perspective to the posts...you know me, Madeline, and Meredith all have interesting things to say.

I have decided that I will be making a weekly post, WEEK IN REVIEW, on every Friday. If something desperately newsworthy occurs, I will be sure to post sooner. So here we go....

Madeline and Meredith were more than thrilled with Christmas and Santa. Madeline even sat on Santa's lap at school. If you know me, I wouldn't do this as a kid, and definitely would not do this now. I am anti-costumed people!!!! (which means I am dreading a Disney trip :) ).

Matt received the best gift from Madeline (she shopped at Santa's workshop). A FISHING LURE!!! Well, it took everyone by surprise. Matt is sooooo not an outdoor sportsman. We all gasped for air amidst the laughter. By laughter I mean , tears pouring out our eyes. Matt the videographer didn't catch his own gift opening on tape. Darn! I did get this picture though.



During many of the family gatherings , we decided to bust out the Rock Band. Dave is our favorite singer...which I think he enjoys as well. Anytime Madeline or Meredith hear LUMP on the radio, they say 'DAVE'. Madeline even joined in by singing Livin' on a Prayer, why this song? Well, she can say wooooOOOO. I think the general consensus is Matt should stick with the guitar.








Madeline has yet to sleep in her own bed since Christmas. This is due to her most prized princess cot/sleeping bag combo from Nanny Karen. She just loves it!!!
Now that this week is nearing an end, I am dreading returning to work on Monday. Yes, Matt constantly jokes that I start to pout several days before returning to work. Who wouldn't when you are greeted with , "I hate the dentist...no offense", and it is obvious you also hate the toothbrush since your teeth have a nice coat of fur on them. NOT JOKING!
See you next Friday!

5 comments:

StratMatt said...

I know I am biased, but for a first post, I liked it!

Anonymous said...

Great job on your first post--one more reason to constantly check this blog!

Mindy said...

So excited that you've joined The Ross Experience Blog...can't wait to hear more about life in Canfield with my M&Ms! WELCOME...

Anonymous said...

Now all you need is for Matthew to join in and it really will be the "Ross" experience!

Anonymous said...

Merlinda, thanks!