Sunday, January 25, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW (plus 2 days)

I decided to hold off on the post until after yesterday's big party for Madeline. She is 4!!! Time sure does fly. Of course, Matt informed her that wasn't her "real" birthday yesterday to which Madeline responded, "that was my fake birthday?". HA!
Anyways, this week completed the basement remodeling. Tuesday we had the furniture delivered. Thursday we had the cable hooked up. Friday we had the Geek Squad come over to hang the new TV. Matt is one happy camper...all ready for the Super Bowl game. Woo hoo!!! I am happy that I don't have to deal with these men coming in and out of my house. (especially when they ask, 'IS MATT GOING TO BE HOME AT ALL TODAY, OR CAN YOU LEARN HOW TO USE THESE REMOTES'...Yeah, I think I can handle a remote for Pete's sake, I only have 8 years of college education under my belt!!)
Madeline had another swim lesson on Friday and can hold her face under water for 10 seconds. She is so proud! But why can't these children make it through their 45 minute lesson without a potty break?!? Do you know how hard it is to remove a wet swimsuit over water wings which will not budge! Man!
Back to the party. Madeline celebrated her 4th birthday on Saturday in DORA the explorer style. Lucky for us, Mindy and I found all the Dora stuff to be 50% off...yay! Because of the mistake with getting white cake instead of banana cake at Meredith's birthday, I once again ordered banana cake. I asked for verification and the bakery showed me the receipt and offered a fork for me to see myself. I was too embarrassed to use the fork, but once in the car, I put my finger through the one inch icing to make sure. And it was fantastic and well worth the wait. Madeline was thrilled to play with her cousins and see her family. I am happy to have somewhere to put all the new toys.
I have uploaded my pictures to both snapfish and to my picasa web album.

5 comments:

Dave said...

needs one of these: http://www.fathead.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/troy-polamalu---series-2/

Dave said...

i was referring to the basement, of course...

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

omg. Look at how many toys they have! Not sure you basement is big enough. ;)

Mindy said...

i love that madeline told edwin the only 2 toys he could play with were his own...too funny! another successful party in canfield!!! nice work Melinda and Matt!